Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, May 9, 2017

It looks like Gene Simmons isn't the only one declaring "rock is dead"

Former KISS drummer Peter Criss is sharing that same opinion!
Both he and current KISS bassist Gene Simmons both are of the sound mind and opinion that rock is officially dead. When Simmons first mentioned this, there was an utter firestorm of controversy stemming from musicians all over. Now, the former KISS drummer is starting to suspect his former bandmate was right. During a recent interview with Hi Fi Way, Criss basically restated Simmons' opinion, stating that "rock ‘n’ roll is over." Despite saying that he is a "21st century guy", he can't help but feel disappointed in today's music. Hearing the music of today has pushed him farther toward the decision to retire from music completely

"I’ve been around since the day that the Beatles were onstage, I’ve been around when music was Motown … I’ve been around! What’s going on today ain’t my cup of tea. The ’60s and ’70s were the times to be around. I saw Jimi Hendrix, I saw the real Who, the real Zeppelin, the Beatles and seen the Stones many times now that I know them and we’re friends. Over the years a lot has happened to me and I got to see all these great acts, and what I see today doesn’t rock my cradle and doesn’t do anything for me and I don’t care for a lot of the music". When he and the rest of KISS first started out, they had to fight tooth and nail just to make a name for themselves, which wasn't easy, because at the time the band formed, many labels wanted punk, glam rock or even disco

"We were early pioneers and no one was doing that when we started out. Now everyone does it, so it isn’t big news anymore. It’s time for me to get off the train as it’s not a great ride anymore. I don’t go out to concerts much anymore because I don’t enjoy myself because I get constantly harassed, people with phones wanting to take pictures, I can’t really sit and enjoy the concert or have a good time so I’m more of a homebody these days. The world has changed, my friend".

No comments:

Post a Comment