Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Acceptance Into Society

Have you ever felt that no matter what you did, you never felt accepted by your peers? When I was in high school, I was never accepted by my peers. I was the one everyone loved to pick on. I was the one whose locker was broken into, I was the one whose lock was switched around so I was late to class, I was the one who would have something stolen from them while out of the room, I was the one whose locker was defaced with degrading words pertaining to race of people I know. Even now, I still feel like I don't really belong anywhere. I feel like I don't belong even in my own family, I feel like a perpetual outsider, like I don't belong in a family like mine. I feel like an alien sometimes because my interests are different than those of others, my musical tastes are different than those of others, my taste in movies are different, my sense of style is just a tad retro, and my opinions on when it comes to guys I think are physically attractive are different. IDK, I just feel like I'm an outsider. I feel like no matter what I do, I'll never be accepted by people I know, and I always get this feeling that people make fun of me behind my back, like when I have my back to them, they choose then to start saying little silent insults about me. Well, if I ever catch anyone saying something about me, they'll definitely get an earful from me!

But, I look at it this way; you know how they say '1 in a million', well, I'm usually the one in a million, the one person who likes something that someone else may not. I'm proud of who I am, and if someone finds a problem with who I am, they can shove it, because I'm not changing for anyone. I am who I am. I'm not going to be one of these people who changes personalities and likes at the drop of a hat just to fit in. What happened to individuality? I guess that went out the window when people decided popularity was more important than being a unique individual. I'm not going to let someone mold me into what they want, screw that!

The reason I'm doing a post on things I like is because I want to show all who read this post that I'm not going to change who I am jut to fit in. Believe me when I say this, I really thought about changing who I was in high school just to be liked, but then, if I did that, I'd be a rather boring person, because all my high school classmates seemed too interested in music like rap. That's not to say rap is bad, I just don't care for it, I mean, the rap music that they listened to was about raping/beating/killing women or children, committing crimes, doing drugs, drinking alcohol, etc. That's not music, that's just noise in my opinion.

Here is some of the stuff I like:

Interests
-Fashion
-Swinging London

-Psychology
-Photography
-Dogs

-Forensic Science

People Who Inspire Me
-Bruce Lee
-Bob Marley
-Martin Luther King Jr
-Rosa Parks
-John Leennon

Fave Quotes
-If it doesn't involve me, I don't need to know
-Beauty is only skin deep
-Give peace a chance
-Live by the sword, die by the sword.
-Love is love. It shouldn't matter who it's with


Music
-Train

-The Rolling Stones

-Maroon 5

-Def Leppard

-Aerosmith


Singers
This is people who don't sing in a band
-Aaliyah
-Lady Gaga

-Carly Simon
-Phil Collins
-Adele

Movies
-Across the Universe

-Freejack

-Kiss of the Dragon

-Rocky IV

-The Replacement Killers

-The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

TV
-The X Factor(US)

-The Voice

-Mr. Bean

-Top Gear UK

-I Love Lucy

Actors
-Jet Li

-Hugh Jackman

-Chow Yun-fat

-Patrick Swayze

-Sylvester Stallone

Actresses
-Marisa Tomei

-Michelle Yeoh

-Lucy Liu

-Halle Berry

-Meg Ryan
-Kate Winslet

Sports
-Cue Sports

-Soccer

-Baseball

No comments:

Post a Comment