Life is what happens when you are making other plans~ John Lennon
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind~Gandhi
The time is always right to do what is right~ Martin Luther King Jr.


Friday, November 11, 2011

1960s Fads

Ever wonder what was popular during the 60s? Now you can find out!!!

I think this was definitely my generation. That's what my mom tells me, lol. I think I really belong here, things seemed so much simpler then......

American Bandstand
Lava Lamps
Hair Ironing
Twister(game)

Motown Sound
Bellbottoms

Surfing
Mood rings
White Gloves
Nehru Jackets
Afros
Woodstock festival
I wonder where I am?

Counter Culture

Men wearing beads
GI Joe
The Beatles

Granny Glasses. Became popular with John Lennon
Usage of LSD
Slogan buttons
Hippie Beads
The Ed Sullivan Show
British Invasion(music)
The Dave Clark Five

Gerry and the Pacemakers

The Kinks

Eric Burdon and the Animals

The Rolling Stones

Miniskirts

The Mod look

Wide belts

Hippies
Peasant skirts
Pop art

Slot cars

Mickey Mouse Club
Beach Parties/Beach movies
Go-go boots

Psychadelic
Paisley(design)
Barbie dolls

Twiggy look- boyish figure, cropped hair

Peace sign
Smiley Faces

Pinstriped suits. I think these were more popular in Swinging London
Tie-dye

No comments:

Post a Comment